[Novalug] OT: FiOS and HDTV

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Tue Mar 11 21:16:33 EDT 2008

Greg

>From this article:
http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VerizonFIOSTVReviewAndPhotoGallery.aspx
"The box will push out 480p, 720p or 1080i. There's no 1080p option,"

I am still on an "old" 32" ProScan tube TV and looking to upgrade.  1080P
will become the standard eventually and you will not see this hodge/podge
mixture of resolutions.  So I figure it MAY be cheaper to pony up the extra
cash now for a good TV than to have to buy one now and one later.   Of
course, technology prices change over time, so that may not be as relevant.

Good luck in your decision.

Ken