[Novalug] Tangent - Re: Aggressive Spam Rejection with Postfix

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Mon Mar 3 17:46:56 EST 2008

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Nick Danger wrote:
>
>> Spamhaus can be a headache to deal with, as can SORBS. I still
>> use them too, but its a hit or miss on getting someone off that
>> is marked incorrectly. Or many times, correctly, but temporary
>> in the case of having a host zombied or trojaned. Once its
>> fixed, it can be a bear to get that block removed from spam
>> lists.
>>
>> If your provider is getting nowhere then they need to keep
>> trying, or giving you different IPs :-) Personally I am on
>> Comcast cable at home, and I send nothing directly from home to
>> the internet. I use a pop-before-smtp host and send mail out
>> via a static ip on a know mail server. Sending from dynamic ips
>> is tricky business.

Somebody did some stuff to some stuff, which someone else then did some stuff
do, but in the end, the stuff that mattered was the original stuff, but it was
OBE by that time.

Oh, and M$Soft sux.

Jay