[Novalug] EeePC/F8 update : SOLVED

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Sat Mar 1 09:00:43 EST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Megan Larko wrote:

> Good Luck Beartooth!

 	That and another night's sleep did it; once again I owe
you. Many thanks -- to you and to all here who helped me think!

         After only about three days of pounding my electronic
head against the wall, I finally thought of the obvious -- not
bad for a man pushing seventy in dubious health!

         I pointed a PC at rpm.pbone; searched F8 for
kernel-2.6.15; downloaded one; copied it to a thumb drive; copied
it from there to the EeePC; and ran rpm -Uvh against it.

         That actually worked. Not immediately, nor after running
kudzu; so I rebooted -- and sure enough, then it did.Pirut
connected, and I'm in process of paring F8 down to EeePC size as
we speak.

 	And I just mailed the check to the credit card
that paid for the machine. Champagne is indicated.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler,
Neo-Redneck Retiree, Not Quite Clueless Power User