[Novalug] Obnoxious Evolution behavior

Charles M Howe cmhowe@patriot.net
Sat Jun 28 23:45:02 EDT 2008

List,

I am using Ubuntu 6.06. I don't remember what version of Firefox I am
using.

Under some circumstances -- not all -- I point to a link to a site and
the address shows up at the bottom of the screen. Specifically, it says
"Click to open http:// whatever". When I do so, i.e., click, nothing
(visual) happens, but evidently I have started a process. When I click a
second time an error box shows up saying "Firefox is already running but
responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing
Firefox process or restart your system." I am invited to click on OK. If
I do that, I can go on to the next piece of mail, but I had better not
click on any link it might have. I.e., if I didn't have this process
going on, I might be able to watch a video clip. But with the process
running, I absolutely cannot do so. I have to restart the computer.

Or do I? Can anyone tell me how to avoid this annoyance?

Charlie the Perpetual Newbie