[Novalug] back to Linux - slow menu problem part 3

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 18:07:14 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 16:23 -0400, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:
> I am still having problems with the slow menus - that is a minute or more
> for an "open" or "save as" menu to come into existance from Gnome Desktop
> applications in by Ubuntu Hardy installation.
>
> One suggestion I found on the internet was to create a second user and
> see if the problem was there. So I did that and the problem does
> not exist for the second user.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I should do to compare the two user's use of
> resources to try and narrow down the culpret?

I wonder if Tracker has anything to do with it.  I always disable it,
and I don't have that problem.  The thing you mentioned before (forget
what) was something that applied to me too.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo