[Novalug] How to Encourage Women in Linux

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:43:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM, David A. Cafaro <dac@cafaro.net> wrote:
> Actually I believe it's a different study:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/17/amygdala_research/
>
> Which was more recent vs the 1991 Hypothalamus study.

Ah, I hadn't seen that one.  Hmm, small sample though, and given that
the tests aren't done as small children and repeated as adults, you
don't know how much is learned (ie, women & and gays run from hostile
men due to fear of rape or battery from either their own experiences
or knowing of others, while straight men might prefer to duke it out
to look macho and score some ladies).  The ones that showed that baby
girls who would end up to be heterosexual had the same eye-blink
patters as baby boys that ended up gay which were different from those
of future-lesbian baby girls and future-straight baby boys are pretty
interesting for that reason.  Finger-length proportion was another
interesting one.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169