[Novalug] How to Encourage Women in Linux

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:10:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Nino Pereira <pereira@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> A related question: what about sexual preference? A recent article
> in the paper reported that brains of heterosexual men light up
> in the same places as homosexual females, and vice versa.

That study's a few years old, and it refers specifically to sex
hormones.  They tested using sweat from members of each sex to see who
would respond in the anterior hypothalmus (controls sexual desire) to
each one.  Unsurprisingly, lesbians & straight men and gays & straight
women matched up.  It was a step toward proving the existence of
pheromones in humans, something we'd thought was only for lesser
mammals.  Psychology Today had an article on scent & pheromones in
humans a few months back.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169