[Novalug] How to Encourage Women in Linux

Sarah Elkins sarah.elkins@gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:41:32 EDT 2008

> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:59:46 -0400
> From: "Mackenzie Morgan" <macoafi@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Novalug] OT
> To: "greg pryzby" <greg@pryzby.org>
>
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, and thank you, Greg, for being on-topic.
> /me coughs at the others, hinting at them to shh about my looks

I'll be a little more direct, and suggest a reading of
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
specifically the Do's and Don't's 3.8, 3.9, 3.11 and 3.16 (last
paragraph).  I know some of the statements in the HowTo are
generalizations, but I still think it has a lot of good food for
thought.  Caution:  some language not safe for work (some places of
work, anyway).  I was pointed to this excellent resource by Matt
Arnold, con chair of the upcoming Penguicon 2009.

I do not speak for Mackenzie or any other woman, and I assume no one
was speaking with bad intentions.

Regards,

Sarah Elkins
http://configures.sarahelkins.org/