[Novalug] OT OSX 10.4

herminio.hernandezjr@gmail.com herminio.hernandezjr@gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:03:45 EDT 2008

Well it spears the issue was bad ram. I replaced my 2 sticks and it seems to be installing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Herminio

-----Original Message-----
From: "Mackenzie Morgan" <macoafi@gmail.com>

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:35:10
To:rarob@comcast.net
Cc:novalug@calypso.tux.org
Subject: Re: [Novalug] OT OSX 10.4

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:30 AM, <rarob@comcast.net <mailto:rarob@comcast.net> > wrote:

 I thought Tiger (10.4) and Leopard(10.5) were universal, and Snow Leopard(10.6, announced but not shipping)
 was going to be the first OS X version that would not boot on a PPC box.

Wikipedia to the rescue:
The latest version of Mac OS X, Leopard, has dropped support for all PowerPC G3 processors and for PowerPC G4 processors with clockspeeds below 867 MHz.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169