[Novalug] system slowing down - Ubuntu Hardy

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Mon Jun 16 09:02:48 EDT 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, Ken Kauffman wrote:

On further experimentation it seems to me that the slow down once the
system is up and running with the GUI is specificially related to the
widgets that are used in saving files, especially "save as" from a menu
for something like the gedit text editor.

When i click on "save as" in Gedit it takes at least 20 seconds for the
menu to complete opening.

On the other hand programs I have such as Pagestream and nedit which have
their own internally programmed save widgets are not slow. So it seems
this may be something to do with the saver menus in Gedit.

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com