[Novalug] hosting for large website

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Thu Jun 5 12:19:43 EDT 2008

If you are talking DC, then I'd suggest Level 3 over in McLean. There is
also Clear Blue near Tysons somewhere but I am not sure what the status
of them is, having not been there in 5+ years :-) But they had some nice
offices/cages for equipment. If you are talking 'anywhere in the world',
NYC has lots of places. Level3, Telehouse, etc etc.  HE.net is supposed
to have very nice facilities but I've never visited one, I think their
big colo is in Cali, but maybe Texas. And I would think even someone
like Rackspace can do it. You are using lots of bandwidth in comparison
to the average site but when you think of the numbers of sites most of
these hosting companies do host, their aggregate volume is really really
astonishing.

Whoever said "Akami" was onto a good idea too. I don't know how you make
deals with them.

Nick