[Novalug] Finally small reasonably priced linux laptops!

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Tue Jun 3 10:12:29 EDT 2008

It's a personal thing with me, and prolly won't matter to most people,
but I put a high value on low-power usage.  In particular, how long
can I run it off my UPS when the power goes out.

To this end, I try to get the least computing power needed to run
the stuff I wanna run.  For example, I don't really need super
fast and super large RAM, of ginormous amounts of HD space and
speed.

One thing that I have a hard time getting a handle on is how much
power the WiFi circuits use when I don't need them, such as
when I'm wired into a router.

Ed James

... Are there