[Novalug] Shutdown log?

Joel Fouse joel@fouse.net
Thu Jul 31 00:59:15 EDT 2008

My laptop has recently started stalling on shutdown.  I run Gentoo on a
somewhat old profile base (well, it twisted my arm into updating the
profile recently) and can be admittedly rather scattershot in what I
follow through on upgrading, so I'm not at all sure that some recent
system lib update didn't hose up something or other.  But this
stall-on-shutdown thing is odd, and I'm trying to figure out how to
troubleshoot it.  It seems to stall at the same place (haven't noted it
exactly yet, but I think it's right after the net-related stuff so I
wouldn't be able to ssh in to poke around), and when it happened last
night I left it all night and it was in the same place in the morning,
so I just killed it.  Are there pertinent logfiles that would capture
what's happening on shutdown?  Is there something else I should be
looking for?

- Joel