[Novalug] Cartoon

Stephan Greene ks1g04@gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:35:12 EDT 2008

Many years ago, I stuffed a "Getting Started with Linux" book and CD (I
think it was some VA Linux extras) into a white-elephant grab bag we were in
with 7-8 other families.  The eldest son (then in middle school?) of one
family won it.  (His mom's first reaction was "YOU'RE NOT PUTTING THAT
ANYWHERE NEAR MY COMPUTER!")  I eventually ended up helping him get Linux
running on an older PC.

And now for the rest of the story:  He attended TJ for high school, worked
on a (Linux-based) AI project for his TJ senior project, which helped get
him to the Westinghouse Science Fair national competition, and is now a
sophomore at Princeton.  (He told me he's saving MIT for grad school.)

Sometimes we need to make sure it's "too late".   :)

Steve