[Novalug] OT: Relative sales XP and Vista

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Wed Jul 30 15:24:59 EDT 2008

According to this article the current M$ reports of Vista sales are
inflated because:

  Business PC buyers are still overwhelmingly opting for XP, computer giant
HP has revealed.

HP's revelation, made at the launch of a new range of business notebooks,
flies in the face of Microsoft's persistent PR claims that Vista has sold
tens of millions of copies and is selling at a faster rate than XP ever
did.

"From the 30th of June, we have no longer been able to ship a PC with a XP
licence," said Jane Bradburn, Market Development Manager, Commercial
Notebooks for HP Australia.

"However, what we have been able to do with Microsoft is ship PCs with a
Vista Business licence but with XP pre-loaded. That is still the majority
of business computers we are selling today."

http://apcmag.com/xp_still_killing_vista_in_sales_volume_hp.htm

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com