[Novalug] What to do with my old 3.5 Floppy Drives?

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Wed Jul 23 09:26:34 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 12:28:44 am Greg and Rebekah Wehner wrote:
> Your lovable noob Gregory here.
>
> I have two computers I have set up with linux - and they both have old A:/
> drive bays.  So...
>
> What can I do with 3.5 floppies?  Can they be used as encryption keys?
> Recovery?  Config storage?  Is there anything small enough to run a Live
> boot from?

My own experience is that I have two computers with floppy drives that haven't
been used in four years and a pile of floppies that need periodic dusting.
The last three computers I built don't even have floppy drives.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.