[Novalug] IPV6 Questions

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Wed Jul 23 00:10:46 EDT 2008

Perhaps my read of it was different.  I thought they had to have IPv6-
capable devices and after that date they are only allowed to purchase
network devices that are IPv6 capable, regardless of what is running
on government networks.

The point of it is not to set up the first IPv6 network, or make the
government so forward thinking as to become the cornerstone of the
IPv6 nation, but to ensure there are enough players in the market with
enough IPv6 devices that it becomes possible for IPv6 networks to be
deployed by companies and maybe even the average joe in his basement.

It's about forcing vendors to create a market, not about creating a
prototype.

jf