[Novalug] beer and pizza for help

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric@zhevny.com
Fri Jul 18 17:05:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 01:37:19PM -0700, Beartooth wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Norman Bird wrote:
>
> > no. im sure it was debian etch.
>
>  	Do you mind telling us why you went for that rather than
> Ubuntu?

I saw a quote in someone's .sig "Debian: the community version of
Ubuntu"

anyway, I, of course, don't know Norman's reasons.

Norman, are you able to see anything in syslog? such as any drive or
drive controller errors?

I've run many etch systems on ext3 file systems for years without the
kind of corruption you describe. But, I guess I'm just one.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.