[Novalug] Linux as a server for a (hypothetical) linux-only office?

Shawn Wells swells@redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 14:51:00 EDT 2008

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 07:20:19AM -0700, Igor Birman wrote:
>
>>    I just found this guide:
>>
>>    http://www.rrcomputerconsulting.com/view.php?article_id=3
>>
>>    Any comments on it?  Looks pretty complete..
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>    Igor

FreeIPA is a core component.  http://www.freeipa.org.  The commercial
offering is Enterprise IPA, avail through Red Hat (if you need official
support).

IPA integrates an LDAP server, kerberos, NTP, DNS, and also can act as a
windows domain controller.  Not to shabby for single sign on.  Oh yeah,
it ships included Fedora 9 ;)