[Novalug] Linux as a server for a (hypothetical) linux-only office?

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Fri Jul 18 13:39:53 EDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

>> Your question seems to implied that there is no such thing as
>> a real-world "linux-only environment".  Do you stand by this
>> statement?
>
> Well, as soon as I manage to pry my wife's ageing (approaching
> 10 years) and ailing win98 box away from her, or when said box
> finally gives up, this house will be linux-only.

 	Mine was before 1/1/03, and remained so for years; still
is, almost -- I have one hard drive (of two in one PC) and one
laptop that can be booted to XP, simply to be able to run suites
of GPS-compatible software, and actually talk to the GPSs.

 	I'll give up XP on both as soon as I can find a
linux-native that can actually talk to my GPSs, and handle topo
maps, that doesn't require advanced savvy in linux, cartography,
nor hardware.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Neo-Redneck Linux Enthusiast
Freedom is my issue : I'm pro-choice, pro-right-to-die,