[Novalug] beer and pizza for help

Norman Bird steelpulsefan@gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 20:36:34 EDT 2008

everything fine, samba working great. working on automating backup in cron.
some error in code created 2 of the same files that started with
//merlin2/backup.. something like that. I couldnt delete files. rm didnt
work. then i got segmentation fault as error whenever i tried to rm. then my
eth0 went into promiscious mode. so i rebooted and wont boot. lots of red
stuff then fsck kicks in and it cant find file system. i get the enter root
password for maintence or ctrl D to continue. system doesnt recognize my
password. and im stuch there. I also had to replace the cmos battery after
that because then it wouldnt POSt at all. new battery changed that. but now
with knoppix live cd, I can mount hdc1 but not hdc5 which has the data i
want to back up. even e2fsck does not recognize that drive.  and thats where
im at. i would love to be able to just repair and not have to reload, cause
i have to learn that and stop reloading after every error.

thats it.

all the pizza you can eat.