[Novalug] Recommendations for a commercial e-mail to fax gateway?

Joel Fouse joel@fouse.net
Thu Jul 17 17:29:55 EDT 2008

We've used jConnect, and so far I've been satisfied with it.  They take
a number of various file formats that you can send as attachments.  For
example, you can send an email w/ a PDF attached.  If there's any text
in the body of the email, that becomes the fax cover page.  You can
define in your account the approved sending email addresses (seems a
little sketchy, since From addresses can easily be faked), and the "To"
address is something like <destination fax number>@j2send.com, or some
such.

They do like to push you toward downloading their silly software,
particularly if you're using their service in the other direction (have
inbound faxes turned into emails), but so far I don't recall a time I
couldn't accomplish what I needed to without it.

- Joel