[Novalug] OT apache restricting parent folder

Miguel Gonzalez Castaños miguel_3_gonzalez@yahoo.es
Thu Jul 17 15:48:17 EDT 2008

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Miguel Gonzalez Castaños
> <miguel_3_gonzalez@yahoo.es> wrote:
>
>> Kevin Cole wrote:

>> Ok, the question is that Trac uses python and the listing of projects is
>> done by Python. So I want to restrict the folder, not disable directory
>> listing. Disabling directory listing what it does is not showing the
>> list of files on that folder if there is no index.htm, html, php or
>> whatever you define. This is not the case. I just want to restrict acess
>> to the parent folder.
>>
>> As I said, I was able to do it the other way round (block access to
>> subfolders) using the Allow from all or deny from all in the location tags
>>

> When you say .htaccess isn't being used...is that by *choice* or are
> you considering that broken?  If it's supposed to work and isn't,
> check that your httpd.conf has mod_access (if it's 2.1 or earlier) and
> um...I forget the name in 2.2

I think the folders and pages are generated dynamically, so I don't know
really where to place the .htaccess in the folders of the trac tool.
Apparently there is no information about this from the Trac tool itself.
That's why I'm using the directive Location to do this. However, This
should be the same, I mean, it doesn't really matter that the directives
are under .htaccess or under Location, so apart of disabling folder
listing, what else I can try?

Miguel