[Novalug] [Dclug] 3 weeks to Linux picnic!!

Theodore Ruegsegger gruntly@gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 17:19:57 EDT 2008

What do the following remarks from this thread have in common?

"Don't be so Hyper Sensitive... "
"you're looking to pick a fight"
"No reason to go ballistic"
"stop whining"
"ravings from the same people who always rave"
"... is pretty much capable of anything, and I fear getting into any
kind of dispute with such a person."
"his unlimited ability/desire to be unpleasant"

Hint: One poster's exaggerated claim notwithstanding, the attribute
doesn't apply to "Please explain ... " and "It's really a shame ..."p.

Dean is absolutely right when he observes:

> Debating the finer points of RMS v. ESR is healthy and can be a lot
> of fun when the conversation stays cordial, but personal attacks
> really are poisonous.

and

> I've been lurking on these local LUG lists for a little while now and
> frankly I'm a little surprised it gets so nasty amongst a group with an
> otherwise very high intellect.

Ted