[Novalug] annoying gmail feature

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Fri Jul 11 15:47:22 EDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

>> On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 08:20 -0400, Ed James wrote:

>>>     When I use gmail via firefox, the browser hangs until the
>>> "Sponsored Link" cwap is displayed.  I can't "stop" the
>>> browser, can't shift to a different browser tab, and often
>>> can't use the taskbar to shift to a different
>>> program/process.  This Sponsored Links cwap oftens takes a
>>> fairly long time to load, and really slow down everything
>>> else.
>>>
>>>     Is there a way to defeat this "feature" (without sending
>>> money to Google, of course)?  I've looked but didn't find an
>>> obvious way.
>
> AdBlock Plus?

 	That or some extension like it -- I've been running Ffx
for years (since it was Phoenix -- 0.4 iirc), always with every
defense I could get, and have seen one of those
whatever-they-are. NoScript a/o Flashblock might help, too.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Neo-Redneck Linux Enthusiast
Freedom is my issue : I'm pro-choice, pro-right-to-die,