[Novalug] Mounting an NFS share during the post-install phase of a Fedora 6 kickstart install

Michael Madore michael.madore@gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:16:46 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Peter Larsen
<plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com> wrote:

> Where you seem to be complicating things is, thinking you need the ISO. You
> don't - it's actually meant to NOT use the ISO.
> Instead the installer expects a full directory structure as found on the
> CD/DVD.

Actually, the installer will work with either an expanded tree, or the
raw CD/DVD images.  In my environment, we use the raw CD/DVD images to
save space.

> %post --log=/mnt/sysimage/tmp/postlog.mgg --erroronfail --nochroot
> mkdir /mnt/sysimage/tempmount
> /mnt/sysimage/bin/mount -t nfs 10.192.130.140:/isos /mnt/sysimage/tempmount
>
> You're chrooted - there's no /mnt/sysimage. It's chrooted to your new root
> directory. So in other words, you need to
> mkdir /tmp/mount and then mount -t nfs <ip>:bla /tmp/mount

He is using --nochroot, so he isn't chrooted.

Mike Madore