[Novalug] wireless question

John B. Holmblad jholmblad@aol.com
Mon Jul 7 14:09:10 EDT 2008

Greg,

if you want to push your budget a bit you might want to consider Meraki
Networks' Mesh WIFI product.  They have both an indoor product as well
as an outdoor product. Here is the url to the www page for their
e-commerce site:

    https://store.meraki.com/store/browse

I believe that theirs is a single radio per unit system so the
performance will not be as high as is attainable with a multi-radio
(i.e. 2 or more) enterprise grade system. On the other hand, the Meraki
product is priced a good bit lower than those enterprise grade products.
I have not used or tested the Meraki products myself but I have been
aware of the company since it started up about 2 years ago.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad@aol.com