[Novalug] seeking simple internet ubuntu install method

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Fri Jul 4 09:17:04 EDT 2008

Is it possible to install Ubuntu over the Internet without needing
another computer to provide tftp-dhcp services, without burning anything
onto a CD, and without creating floppy disk stuff?  I want to fire up
a Fedora machine, connect somewhere (Internet, not my own stuff), and
be able to click "Yes, download something that will wipe out my
existing installation and replace it with Ubuntu"  I don't care how
long it takes - just looking for the simple way first.  I've done
some google searching on this, but basically just find the same
question, but no answers that don't include doing the stuff that I'm
trying to avoid.  'Course, that might be a big clue in itself.

Ed James