[Novalug] Ubuntu Upgrade Problems

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi@gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:51:34 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Roger W. Broseus <rogerb@bronord.com> wrote:
> I hate to say it but I feel like I'm back in MS-land. Maybe someone
> could share their
> sources.list that worked for my situation - going up from 7.04 to 7.10?
>
> The last two attempts at upgrading Ubuntu automagically using
>  System | Administration | Update Manager
> failed and for similar problems: failure to connect to servers (404s) and
>
> Now, going from 7.04 to 7.10, I see errors during "preparing the
> upgrade" like:
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/edgy-security/multiverse/binary-i386/Packages.gz
>
> 404 Not Found

Edgy (6.10) is not supported anymore, so there are no more security
repos for it.  You sure you're not trying to go from 6.10 to 7.10
(which isn't allowed)?  Get rid of edgy-security.  Change all
occurences of "edgy" to "feisty" and run "sudo apt-get update && sudo
apt-get dist-upgrade" then change them all from "feisty" to "gutsy"
and do that again.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169