[Novalug] Looking for a particular Linux skillset with Information Assurance knowledge

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Thu Jan 31 09:18:52 EST 2008

To list:

I posted about a month ago a job posting for Information Assurance positions,
where the company is also looking for these individuals to be "linux gurus"
and have a great/good knowledge of the Linux kernel.

Also, the company (GD-AIS) needs these people to have a top secret clearance,
but I think they would be willing to hire something with a secret.

The hiring manager, or a member of his team, is willing to come to a NOVALUG
meeting and talk about what they are looking for with regards to skills,
knowledge, etc.

At a minimum, it would be:

Must be knowledgeable in Information Assurance
Must have at least a secret clearance
Must be a "linux guru" (kernel??)
Must have knowledge of the linux kernel

If I get some interest that people on this list would be able to meet these
criteria, then I would go forward and ask him to show up, otherwise I might be
wasting his time.

One final question: Does anyone know of a SIG or other group in the national
capital region, where this skillset might be more prevalent?

I am not getting any kind of compensation from this company in regards to
this. I'm just trying to mate up our members skills, with a company looking
for linux knowlegdeable people.

Thanks for your time,

Jay Hart