[Novalug] Motherboard Choices

Ed James edjames@greenbelt.com
Wed Jan 30 00:30:28 EST 2008

"Off" isn't always "off".  I've found that even when powered down,
sometimes a box (according to my Kill-a-Watt meter) is still
using power somewhere/somehow.  I've heard that some Mobo's
had a red LED on them for that very purpose - to remind people
that even with the 'puter "off", there's still voltage at/on
the Mobo.  "Unplugged" is "off" the world around, though.

Ed