[Novalug] analyzing your networks?

John B. Holmblad jholmblad@aol.com
Sat Jan 26 14:55:44 EST 2008

Mark,

most of the usage analysis I have done is with respect to a specific
protocol/app where I was having a problem. For that kind of analysis I
typically fire up Ethereal/Wireshark running on either Microsoft Windows
or Ethereal.

For general traffic/load analhysis there are technologies such as MRTG
which can be installed on either Linux or Microsoft Windows. Here are
the urls to some helpful www pages:

    http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/3party.en.html

    http://www.openxtra.co.uk/freestuff/mrtg-xtra.php

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad@aol.com