[Novalug] Printing problem, again

Charles M Howe cmhowe@patriot.net
Fri Jan 25 23:39:22 EST 2008

Don,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried scores of combos but haven't been able to get the precise
pattern. But:

My hunch is that the problem is with the driver. The printer is an HP
C3100 Photosmart.

Using vim I create a file that consists of the capital letter M repeated
68 times and print it successfully. Make it 72 letters long and it
hangs. There is another letter towards the end of the alphabet, not sure
what one it is, that acts the same way. But that isn't all. Mn repeated
72 times exhibits the same behavior. Put a space in the middle of it and
the problem goes away.

Charlie