[Novalug] Speaking of RPMs...

Clif Flynt clif@cflynt.com
Thu Jan 24 13:29:03 EST 2008

I've got an RPM based package that I need to unpack, mung a
couple of files, and then remake into a new RPM with all the
old metainformation intact.

I can unpack an RPM easily enough with rpm2cpio, but I'm not
sure how to find out if there's any meta info like install
scripts, or if this is just archive.

Anyone got a good hint or two?

FWIW, this is an attempt to mung Kiwi-LTSP into something that
it wasn't intended to be, but is what I need.

Clif
--
.... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..