[Novalug] Linux Live CD question

Tester Tester testert555@gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:55:27 EST 2008

All,
I have a junked G4 Powerbook that has been stripped of most functional
parts.  I was thinking of systematically putting it back together to run
Linux.  At this point, I don't know what is and is not running.

It has no hard drive or cd drive.  Is it possible to load a distro to a
thumb drive and run off that?
What kind of life expectancy can I expect to get from a thumb drive?  I know
a thumb drive has a limited number of writes, but other then the image, I'm
not writing to it,  am I?  I'm not looking to make it a work horse.  This
more an exercise in resurrecting a dead laptop.

CTM