[Novalug] Web Based MMORPG that's free

David A. Cafaro dac@cafaro.net
Wed Jan 23 11:43:13 EST 2008

Thought maybe some of you might be interested in giving this game a
try.  It was announced on another LUG list I'm a member of.

"Colony 337 is a turn-based MMORPG and MMORTS game of robot combat.
Free to play. All you need is a web-browser.

Individual robots collect skills, experience, weapons and inventory
to become more powerful.

Teams of robots work to capture territories to control resources."

You can get to the site/game via this link:

http://www.colony337.com/?referer_id=48

Yes, that's a referral, link, if you click on that, allow cookies and
sign up to play, I get a couple of bonus items for my robot (vs
having to scrape around for them in the game :-).

It's still just starting up, so only 20 or so active players.  As
more players get started it's getting more and more interesting.

Also if you join, and are willing to use the turns to change teams,
my team "Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs" is looking for more members!

Cheers,
David

David A. Cafaro <dac@cafaro.net>
Cafaro's Ramblings:  www.cafaro.net