[Novalug] sysadmin positions -- Yay, more cheap labor!!

Paul D. Bain paulbain@pobox.com
Mon Jan 21 19:24:06 EST 2008

Miguel Gonzalez Castaños wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know of sysadmin positions in the MD/DC area? It's for someone
>  that needs visa sponsorship.

	Yes, let us import still _more_ cheap labor into the USA! The
corporations and politicians are screaming for more cheap labor. "Cheap
labor, cheap labor, cheap labor," they cry, "We must have more cheap
labor!! And that labor must be easily exploited, too!"

	Folks, the shortage of cheap, exploitable IT labor threatens our entire
economy. We have _got_ to furnish the corporations with more cheap
labor. They simply do not have enough. Do NOT believe the G_ddamned
nonsense that JLG posted to the list a few days ago:

 > jlg wrote:

> The IT market is doing OK compared to the bad years of 2001-2004, but
>  there is no shortage of skilled folks.  Duh.
>
> Also the piece talks of "level of risk" associated with an IT career
> - few other practitioners of a profession are obsolete at age 40 the
> way we can be (female actors and models are others that come to my
> mind).  The author claims this is a major reason for the shortfall in
>  CS graduates.
>
> See:  http://tinyurl.com/2ofa2e

	Furthermore, do NOT believe the nonsense in this article:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/12/28/52FE-underreported-visas_1.html

	Folks, virtually every IT periodical that I have read in recent years
(except for the obviously ludicrous articles cited above) assures me
that there is a profound shortage of IT labor in this country. So it
_must_ be so. Please join me in urging your Congressman and Senators to
flood this country with as much cheap labor as possible. We simply do
not have enough.

	Furthermore, I urge all of you to join me in supporting the
Presidential candidates who favor increased quotas for the H-1B visa. I
shall now identify those candidates. Those candidates are, uh,  let's
see, actually, uh  .  .  .  _ALL_ of them! Yes, that is right, even
Romney, who fancies himself a hardliner on immigration, is in favor of
more H-1B's.

	Folks, if you think the IT employment situation is bad now, then you
need only wait a few more years, when the economy is in full recession
(if it is not in a recession already) and there a few million more L-1's
and H-1B's in this country. At that point, things will be _much_ worse.
I do NOT intend to remain in IT that long. I can see the IT employment
disaster that looms ahead. I know that I will be working for minimum
wage if I stay in IT much longer.

--Paul Bain