[Novalug] Opensuse, KDE or Konqueror issue

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Thu Jan 10 20:25:40 EST 2008

Ok, this issue is related to the jpg linked below

www.kevla.org/my-comp.jpg

You are viewing the "My Computer" screen, with sysinfo shown.

My issue is with the device names shown on the right side of the My Computer
window. For example, the last device is actually the '/boot ' filesystem. I
would like the device is say '/boot' or 'boot', anything but '106M Media'.

If I right click the 106M Media device, and go to properties, (which results
in the "Properties for sda1" box on the left side of this application, you can
see that I have a place on the General tab, for entering a name or
description.

I have entered 'boot' as the name for this device in this example but,
clicking "OK" to save this will not replace the 106M Media name/description.

Needless to say, having a device show up here described as '106M Media' or
'10G Media' is kind of worthless, in my opinion.

So, if anyone knows of a way I could actually have a better description for
these devices show up here, I would be very happy to know it.

I'm running:

Kernel:  Linux 2.6.22.5-2-bigsmp i686
System:  openSUSE 10.3 (i586) Beta2
KDE:  3.5.7 "release 51"