[Novalug] Need video card recommendation

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Tue Jan 8 12:02:34 EST 2008

I've decided that I want to buy a nvidia based video card from EVGA. I need an
AGP slot based card.  $100 is about what i wnat to spend as well.

Looking at Newegg, here is the selection:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=EVGA+Geforce+AGP

I wnat to buy the card second from the bottom (the 7600GS), but they have been
out of these for 2-3 weeks (almost since I started looking for help with my
current card).

I'm worried about buying a card that will be obsolete wihtin a year or I
hesitate to buy a 6xxx series card.

So, could someone recommend another card (diff vendor, series, etc) that they
would not have any problems buying?

TIA,

Jay