[Novalug] Video Editing

James (Jim) Darlack jmdarlack@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 09:29:43 EST 2008

Hi Rich,

  thanks for the comments about the video editing.  I have a real need for a decent video editor.  i was thinking of a MS Windows editor.  I tried Camtasia, and had horrible results; altho it was an older copy for educational purposes.  I also tried Pinncale Studio 9.  But that is expensive when you purchase the main product, and also a bunch of plugins for various effects.

  I tried to download MainActor, and it had a broken web page.  Where did you download it?  I love the idea of MainActor working on MS Windows AND Linux. I dont have to do pro editing.  but it sure would be nice to use a common interface on Windows and Linux.

  If you have experience with video editing, how about hosting a meeting and demo'ing several video editors?

  Any one else out there interested in a SIG on video editing?
  Any one else in a NOVA LUG class on various video editors?

  thanks,
  Jim

Rich Goodwin <rich.goodwin@cox.net> wrote:
  Jahshaka is the third app I was thinking of - http://jahshaka.org/

And Cinelerra was the second ... sorry 'bout the typo.

Rich

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 18:11 -0500, Rich Goodwin wrote:
> You can look at a view programs - Kino, Cinelerr are the "free" apps
> that are well known and used. I have MainActor which costs but ... you
> get phenomenal support. There is another tool I read about - Jakasha
> or something of that ilk. I will look around tomorrow ... sort of
> focus'd on a party! ;-)
>
> Happy new Year!
>
> Rich
>
> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 17:34 -0500, Navy Dragon wrote:
> > I have a video in AVI format I took on my Canon digital camera.
> > Unfortunately, the lighting wasn't too great, so I want to touch up
> > the video so it's easier to see what went on. First, is it possible
> > to even do this? Second, what programs for Linux can I use to do
> > this?
> >
> > TIA

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

They run Windows don't they!!