[Novalug] Advantages of server based on CentOS/Ubuntu, etc?

David A. Cafaro dac@cafaro.net
Wed Jan 2 11:40:04 EST 2008

I actually recently took the plunge and online "upgraded" my Fedora
Core 6 Desktop straight to Fedora 8, and it actually went pretty
smoothly.  In the past I've done online updates via yum from FC5 to
FC6 with very few problems.  It takes some patience and care, but it
can be an very nice way of upgrading Fedora systems.

Here is a good website with instructions:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

Cheers,
David

PS. Next is to upgrade my Fedora Core 6 MythTV box to Fedora 8.  That
should be fun...