[Novalug] Re: Non-interactive top?

Sh33p sh33p@blisteringsheep.com
Thu Feb 28 12:38:04 EST 2008

--- Matthew Thompson <matthew.thompson@nrl.navy.mil>
wrote:

> The heavens stretched forth and Sh33p decreed the
> following on or about
> 02/28/2008 12:18 PM:
> >
> > ps aux --no-header | sort -n -k3 | head -n 3
>
> Thank you very much.  I needed to add a reverse to
> the sort, but that's
> what I'm looking for.

Heh, that'll teach me to copy-and-paste instead of
retyping.  You're welcome, and I did verify that
remote invocations e.g.:
  ssh machine "ps aux --no-header | sort -rnk3 | head
-n 3"
work as well.  The 'n' to sort is probably not
necessary, but I like to make sure...and it may very
well be required if someone is actually getting a full
100%.

> Let this remind me that not all ps is ps -ef.
>
> Thanks all for the help,
> Matt
> --
> Matt Thompson, PhD