[Novalug] computer hangs up

DonJr djr1952@hotpop.com
Wed Feb 27 16:23:36 EST 2008

I had a problem like that under Ubuntu 5.10
"Lost of keyboard, mouse and a BLANK screen"
And yes I could remote ssh into the machine from another just find.

The FIX turn out to be arrange to kill after startup the xscreen-saver
 and later a complete reinstall the xscreensaver.
Seems one or more of the "required but only recommended" packages was
missing or incompatable.

  At least that's what I remember.

One way to check if it's the "screen saver" crashing (and eating the
keyboard) is to set the time-out to different lengths and see if/how
that effects things.

--
 DonJr