[Novalug] Fwd: Microsoft fined $1.4bn (fwd)

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Wed Feb 27 14:21:30 EST 2008

I think the validity of the ruling, and the failure to pay should be
separate. I don't fault them for appealing the ruling, I don't fault
them for being mad they lost. I do think if they lose they should have
to pay, maybe put the funds in escrow to show good faith? Not sure about
that. I'll keep the thoughts on the ruling to myself for right now.

Personally my favorite part of these articles are the comments. Like
this one.

> I find it amazing that the EU can put sanctions on a company, who are
> to them ''anti-competition'' Yet have a complete monopoly on money in
> the form of the Euro. If it didn't make me laugh, it'd make me cry!
> */Richard Wilkins, Westbury, Wiltshire, Uk./*

He wants to allow competition in money? Huh.... I think MS will happily
pay that fine now, by using M$. :-)