[Novalug] 802.11b/g over coax?

ethan@757.org ethan@757.org
Sun Feb 24 20:56:11 EST 2008

> Unfortunately, they stopped putting ISA slots on motherboards about 5 years
> ago. Although I think I did once see a 10base2 PCI card.

I wouldn't say unfortunately :-)

There were PCMCIA 10base2 cards, and usb to CF adaptors, and CF is PCMCIA.

Also, I don't know if standard coax will carry such a high frequency well.
I think satellite dishes use low-noise blockconverters to move from the
microwave spectrum down to something much lower to transmission over the
line back to the house.

IIRC, some of the hardware for 45mbps DS3 handoff was coax as well.