[Novalug] Burning CDs fails

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Fri Feb 22 15:25:55 EST 2008

I'm running kernel 2.6.22.13-0.3, which I recently upgraded too.

Last week I burned two Fedora disks, and during a media verify during install,
the install halted due to bad media, with some sort of sector problem (I can't
remember the exact message).

This week I'm attempting to burn a openbsd 4.2 install CD.  Get the following
message:

OPC failed. Probably the writer does not like the medium.

I've burned about 70 previous disks using this same exact medium (FujiFilm
700MB CD-R), so I'm not inclined to think its the medium.

Anyone have any issues that mirror these, or am I again the lone person seeing
this?

TIA,

Jay