[Novalug] Problem with video card and linksys wireless card

william oakes wdoakes@wildblue.net
Tue Feb 19 08:40:03 EST 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 07:44, Varol Okan wrote:
> Hey, I don't know what happened between gfx card and wireless but I
> would like to know if you also see a lot of dropped packages with your
> bcm43xx driver ( ifconfig will tell ). I could only get my bcm4318
> working with ndiswrapper under 10.2 ( on a x86-64 laptop ).
>
> I also found the yast tool to configure the nic has some issues.
>
> As for your problem, what happens if you boot the 10.2 life CD/DVD ?
> will this fix your nic ( after installing the firmware with
> bcm43-fwcutter ) ?
>
> Varol :)

Varol,

My wireless pci adapter is lynksys model wmp54gs.

Under my original configuration, the following is the output from ifconfig:

          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:25056359 (23.8 Mb)  TX bytes:4276863 (4.0 Mb)

Don't know if that is an unusually number of received dropped packages or not.

I'm going to try the following:

Remove wireless card totally
Replace graphics card
Reboot and reconfigure
Re-install wireless card and reconfigure

Maybe that will work.  Also new graphics card is using nv driver needs nvidia
driver for 3d effects.  Any idea how to change drivers?

Regards, Bill...