[Novalug] Odd path behavior (kUbuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon)

Megan Larko larkoc@iges.org
Tue Feb 12 14:37:42 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm seeing odd behavior on a new PC running kUbuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.

I have FORTRAN source code compiled elsewhere (FC4 box with Absoft
FORTRAN) and I wish to run it on this new box which does not have the
compiler installed.  The PC hw is the same.   Do I need to install the
Absoft compiler to actually run the executable?   Or do I have some PATH
or ENV issue?   Symptom: OS cannot run compiled executable; it says it
cannot be found.  It can list and "file" the file.

X-Win session example below:
larkoc@GMU-CREW:~$ cd ftp.scripts
larkoc@GMU-CREW:~/ftp.scripts$ ./par.x
-bash: ./par.x: No such file or directory
larkoc@GMU-CREW:~/ftp.scripts$ ls -l par.x
-rwxr-xr-x 1 larkoc larkoc 113611 2008-02-12 14:31 par.x
larkoc@GMU-CREW:~/ftp.scripts$ pwd
/home/larkoc/ftp.scripts
larkoc@GMU-CREW:~/ftp.scripts$ file par.x
par.x: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Any ideas?
megan