[Novalug] Wireless on OpenSUSE 10.3

Rich Goodwin rich.goodwin@cox.net
Wed Feb 6 06:32:58 EST 2008

I had wireless problems with the last three installs of openSuSe (10.3)
being the last.  I just happened to install Ubuntu over the openSuSe
10.3 last nite.  I did not take anymore time to work on the openSuSe.

The 10 and 10.2,   I found if I installed kinternet, I was able to get
wireless working - without any kernel tweaking.

Personally, I have just about written SuSe off beccuase of this.  They
want to use KNetworkManager which in my recent installs (with an older
Ubunti as well) did not wish to cooperate and work.  This happened with
a D-Link 650 PCMCIA card and an Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG interface.

SO my suggestion is to download kinternet and try it ...  we might be
able to call you Mikey 'cause you'll like it!!  ;-}

Rich

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

              They run Windows don't they!!