[Novalug] How the blazes do I write to a floppy?

Beartooth karhunhammas@Lserv.com
Tue Feb 5 15:01:18 EST 2008

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008, DonJr wrote:

> Most likely that's because the floppy is using a /dev/sd?
> {something} interface. To find out which SCSI interface you
> might try:
>
>   dmesg | grep -i floppy
>
> or
>    grep -A 5 Vendor /var/log/messages
>
>    The next line talking about a sd? interface should be it

[root@topblack ~]# mount floppy
mount: can't find floppy in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[root@topblack ~]# dmesg | grep -i floppy
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@topblack ~]# grep -A 5 Vendor /var/log/messages
[root@topblack ~]# grep -A 5 sony /var/log/messages
[root@topblack ~]# grep -A 5 Sony /var/log/messages
[root@topblack ~]#
 	<shrug>

--
Beartooth Implacable, Neo-Redneck Linux Evangelist
Freedom is my issue : I'm pro-choice, pro-right-to-die,